The Multi-Materials Stewardship Board by itself or through its independent network of Green Depot operators (hereinafter referred to as “MMSB”, “us”, “our”, or “we”) respects your right to privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information. This policy summarizes what personally identifiable information we may collect applicable to the beverage container recycling program, and how we may use this information. MMSB reserves the right to change this policy and it may be updated periodically. These changes may affect the use of personal information.
Director of Corporate Services
P.O. Box 8131, Station A
St. John’s, NL A1B 3M9
The Personal Information We Collect
MMSB will only collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us. The personal information that we collect includes:
- Telephone Number
- Home Address
- Postal Code
- E-mail Address
- Preferred manner/timing of payment
- Recycling returns information for managing refunds and as set forth below.
Why MMSB Collects Your Personal Information
Your personal information is collected in compliance with the ATIPP Act and will only be used by authorized Green Depot staff and MMSB to fulfill the purpose for which it was originally collected, as outlined below, or for a use consistent with that purpose unless you expressly consent otherwise.
- To establish and maintain responsible commercial relations with you and provide you with ongoing expedient and convenient service.
- To enable the Green Depot to administer your account.
- To communicate with you with regard to your account and/or provide information on a Green Depot, products, services, programs, contests, promotions, or events, provided that you may unsubscribe from these communications.
- To aggregate recycling returns information on a regional basis to assist MMSB in strategic decision making, marketing initiatives and improving its programs and services.
You can withdraw your consent and have your personal information deleted from our records at any time by providing us with written instructions, but you should be aware that any such withdrawal will mean that we will no longer be able to provide certain services to you. Oral instructions at a Green Depot may be sufficient, but we may ask that you follow-up with written instructions for our records.
Limits for Collecting, Using, Disclosing and Keeping Personal Information
MMSB only collects and uses personal information for the purposes stated above. MMSB will not disclose your personal information without your knowledge or consent, except as required by law, including by an order of any court, institution or body with jurisdiction or authority to compel the production of information, or in order to protect or defend a legal interest.
MMSB is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals and organizations, in compliance with the Access to Information and Protection of Privacy Act, (ATIPP) SNL 2002, c. A-1.1). MMSB does not give or trade any personal information with third parties.
MMSB will protect personal information by making reasonable security arrangements against such risks as unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure or disposal. Security measures are integrated into the design, implementation and daily operating practices as part of MMSB’s ongoing commitment to protecting your personal information.